Guided imagery is a hot topic these days. This is basically because of the fact that psychologists and medical professionals everywhere are starting to understand the overall power of the mind.
As more and more people start to recognize the fact that they have the power to control their destiny, and achieve anything that they put their mind to, guided imagery will be a well researched topic.
Let's take a look at this concept and how it can benefit you.
Believe it or not, imagery plays a large role in who we are, where we have been, and the places that we are going in life. Many refer to imagery as a language of the mind that is considered to be quite fundamental.
When we do things throughout our lives, everything that we do is going through a process of imagery that helps us to make choices, and excel in life in general.
Can you picture that special family memory from when you were a kid? Do you remember taking your test to get your drivers license? Do you remember feeling the baby kick in the womb the first time? These memories are generally kept fresh by the process of imagery that we all possess.
Now, when we consider imagery, we probably consider all those positive images in our head. Unfortunately, there are also some negative images lingering around in there.
There are people in the world that are guided by the positive images, and then there are those that are guided by the negative images.
The purpose and intent of guided imagery is to overcome the negative images that we possess so that we may live a full, happy life.
It is important that we learn the techniques that are used in guided imagery to ensure that we are allowing ourselves the opportunity to experience positive thoughts, positive ideas, and positive behaviors.
There are a number of steps that are involved when it comes to guided imagery. The following will detail these steps:
1. The first thing that you should know and completely understand is that guided imagery is a process that involves deep focus and concentration. You should be completely relaxed and you should be in a location where you are not distracted. You may want to engage in activities like yoga prior to engaging in meditation that involves the use of guided imagery.
2. You should ensure that your clothing is not restrictive in any way possible. It is important that you are completely comfortable when you go through this imagery process.
3. Now, you should relax in a position that is comfortable for you and close your eyes. You should create a place in your mind that you find appealing. It is important that you ignite all of your senses in order to succeed in this.
4. For a little while, you should get lost in the image that you are seeing in your mind. If there is a lake and trees, for example, imagine touching the trees, swimming in the lake, etc , this will ensure that you are completely in tune with your mind and body.
5. Next you will want to meditate and focus on the issues in your life that you want to resolve. At this point, creativity should be at its very highest. This is when you will be able to clearly focus on your thoughts and if there are problems, you will be able to resolve them.
There are many different benefits of guided imagery. The following list will describe just a few of the many advantages to engaging in this particular act:
1. First, guided imagery will allow a sense of relaxation to come over your mind and body.
2. If you practice guided imagery on a regular basis, stress management and coping skills will be enhanced and you will gradually learn not to feel stress at all on a regular basis.
3. If you suffer from a chronic pain condition such as arthritis, migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, and cancer, guided imagery can be used in order to effectively deal with the pain. As a matter of fact, many homeopathic pain management specialists will actually suggest engaging in guided imagery in order to manage pain.
4. If you suffer from cardiovascular conditions like high blood pressure you can actually benefit as well. The blood circulates more regularly and the heart rate slows during meditating with guided imagery.
5. Your emotional health may be increased in that you may become happier and healthier.
There are many different benefits when it comes to guided imagery. This is actually a relatively easy process; doing it takes discipline in the means of routine is the only true challenge.
If you want to improve your life, your health, and/or your level of contentment, you should focus on guided imagery meditation.
All About Herpes - As a sufferer of herpes myself, I have decided to add a section to this site discussing the Herpes virus and how to treat and prevent outbreaks.
The Perfect Female Body - While celebrities might not have the perfect body, they may hold the key to some healthy lifestyle choices.
Boxing Bag Workout - Learn how using a boxing bag as a workout tool can help you lose weight, tone your muscles and keep you entertained.
Dental Sedation Treatment - Scared of the dentist? Learn how dental sedation treatment can help you overcome your dental fears and keep your teeth in tip top heatlh.
Diabetes and Heart Healthy Meals for Two provides 170 plus delicious recipes for two people! So if you've been looking for smaller portions and healthier recipes - this book will work for you!
Anti Aging Skin Care check out our new section on anti-aging health. We will be reviewing skin care creams, supplements, and more to help you stay young.